Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Album Review: The Sarcastic Dharma Society - Other People's Songs (Volume One)


Posted on "I Found This Song In The Road" earlier this year, re-posting here for more promotion and because it's free and really good.

The Sarcastic Dharma Society or pretty much just Matthew J. Vuksinich for the most part shot me an email asking me to listen to his work and tell me what I think. This local artist from the thriving music scene of Portland, Oregon has some real talent. Whenever I get emails from people with music to listen to especially if it's their own, I never have high expectations.

WRONG! I was simply blown away when I opened up the files he gave me which consisted of covers of some of my favorite artists. These are the likes of Andrew Jackson Jihad, Why?, The Beatles, Bright Eyes, and Mt. Eerie which I just recently got into.

The album consists of 10 songs all being covers of artists that I love from the start. Some of my other favorite tracks are "Don't Let Me Down" by The Beatles and "Shit On My Heart" by a local Portland band known as Meyercord.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h2w3gzjhwnm

No comments:

Post a Comment